What do I get?
- Catalyze internal discussion around emerging yet important topics among business unit colleagues within a structured and time limited program.
- Engage with a selected cohort of start-ups with disruptive solutions during a topic-focused “Sprint” which delivers valuable insights and support to secure pilot agreements.
- Gain greater exposure to a wider choice of proof of concept and demonstration pilot opportunities.
- Create a number of pilot proposals and commercial discussions that will deliver meaningful business impact.
Sprint Focus & Approach
- A dedicated team will help each corporation define its specific and topic-related business challenge statements.
- Emerald’s industrial sector specialists will identify the leading relevant start-ups with development TRL status for each Sprint.
- The Emerald team will match-make and facilitate corporate and start-up meetings.
- Positive feedback will result in concept design meetings and detailed start-up pilot proposals.
- The corporation can leverage Emerald’s two decades of experience supporting dozens of multinational corporations to meet their business impact goals through open innovation.
Resources needed for successful Sprints
- Each corporate is asked to propose a point person to coordinate with colleagues and the start-up companies.
- The role is to help disseminate and collect information from internal colleagues, help prepare the challenge statements, prepare questions for the start-ups and lead discussions on potential collaboration.
- Business unit and subject matter expert engagement is encouraged from early in the process.
Estimated time commitment
Total of approximately 20 hours:
- Business challenge specification meeting
- Review of start-up presentations and / or videos
- Start-up prioritization
- Finalization of match-making
- 1:1 meetings